Sunday 24 October 2010

First film shot on digital


Contact sheet showing a few of the shots I'm considering to use for my finals.
Some of the shots will need cropping if i plan on using them, it was quite hard to avoid getting unwanted background in to the shot whilst having the models standing.


Gluttony and Lust
Sloth
Greed and Envy
Wrath and Pride
Greed and Envy 

Evaluating my digital prints

I shot this film on F8 and shutter speed 125 using a Cannon 5D SLR.
I wanted hard lighting so I could create definition in the shadows and also to give it a dark look reflecting the idea of the seven deadly sins and religion. I decided in the end not to use text projecting on to the subjects as I wanted to really focus on the models and their characters. Instead I have decided to put the text on to the images through photoshop. My two faviourite images of this shoot are the bottom one, 'greed and envy' and the top 'lust and gluttony' I paticularly like the subjects composition in these images and the lighting also works very well. For example for greed and envy, the light falls on to the newspaper highlighting what I wanted to show, the spending cuts. I have also noticed that there is a colour theme occuring through the images, reds and skin tone/beiges.
 I have styled the models myself and love the way the clothes really bring out the idea of their sins, especially gluttony with the flesh coloured lingerie. The facial expressions are especially strong in the top and bottom images and overall  I'm pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment