Tuesday 19 October 2010

Project Brief, Image and Text

What I aim to achieve throughout project


For this project I aim to produce four enlarged (A3) photographs combining image with text. In order to produce a meaningful idea for this project I intend on developing my ideas through research such as viewing various exhibitions for example the photo fringe that is being held in Brighton currently. I will also take inspiration from film, articles as well as visual and verbal references from both historical and contemporary photographers and artists.
As this project is to be shot in a studio I aim to learn about certain lighting techniques and how to use studio equipment.
This project should be a good opportunity to experiment with cameras and camera techniques that I haven't used before, as I am usually used to shooting on 35mm film. I aim to use medium format, and if it works well with my idea I will use it to shoot my final images.
As well as this I will explore how text is used with images, and the meanings behind the two being combined together.

Initial thoughts on brief


When first given the brief I didn't have as many ideas as I usually have for a project, Initially I thought it could be quite a challenge to combine a text with an image and at the same time produce connotations behind this. I didn't want to be to cliché or make it unoriginal. However, after looking at various photographers I was a bit more open minded to the project and started to brainstorm ideas that could work very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment