Wednesday 27 October 2010

Medium Format Contact Sheet


This is my contact sheet for my medium format film taken in the studio. I used F8 and the shutter speed was 125. There are a few problems with this film, for example the lighting has made some of the images have an almost green background. As well as this I was unaware of what was in the frame as you can see the lights in the background.
There are a few shots that I would identify as the best of the film the last two of 'sloth.' The lighting in particular in these shots really stand out to me because it almost looks as though the television is glaring back on to the subject.
I could always edit this by scanning the images onto photoshop and change the lighting as well as cropping some of the images. I really enjoyed used the medium format camera though, I found it quite hard to remember the order in which you have to do things but the longer process generally means you concentrate more on the image you're taking. It is very different from a normal 35mm camera however, I really like the way you can look into the viewfinder and you're still able to see everything without having to move the camera at all, also the sharpness a medium format can give an image. I don't think I will be using my medium format film for my final prints as they weren't as sharp as my digital images.

No comments:

Post a Comment