Tuesday 19 October 2010

Brainstorm: Image and Text





These are some pages taken from my work book, I've decided to brainstorm some of my ideas for the project.
Key ideas I have explored:

  • Labelling
  • Religious quotes, images.
  • The Ten Commandments
  • Seven deadly sins
  • Style I will explore: Fashion, editorial.
  • Famous quotations
  • Well known sayings
  • Juxtaposition with text and image. 
I quite like the idea of using postcards as a way of showing text and linking that into exploring the idea of different cultures and religions. As I want to go down the fashion route I was thinking of exploring the idea of how we stereotype a country through fashion. For example the French are normally associated with wearing a beret and a stripy top, and the Japanese with quite a quirky and colourful style. I've had a look at some photographers for inspiration to see whether I can develop this idea further.  

 .: Eugenio Recuenco :. Online portfolio
These images were taken by Eugenio Recuenco, Who's work I really aspire to. I really enjoy his use of location and also the way he works within a studio http://www.eugeniorecuenco.com/fichas/1021.html
That is his website with his portfolio of images, I'm not too sure what this series is called. His images seem to follow a consistency of being very dramatic almost theatrical, overall he produces very allusive photographs.

I would be aiming to present my images similar to these with stamps on the image showing what country I am trying to show with writing also, like a postcard. I could possibly have the writing in different languages as if it's a language barrier for the audience giving the image and text a sense of ambiguity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment