Sunday 7 November 2010

Inspiration: Fashion photographers

As I want to give my shoot a fashion/editorial look, I am going to look at some fashion photographers work that I have found looking for relevant ideas to aid my ideas for my final shoot.

I have been looking at the fashion photographer/film maker Joaquim Barreto. I really like his style, some of his photographs are very dark which is the look I am going for.
http://www.joaquimbarreto.tv/photography/
He has used two models in a lot of his photographs which has given me composition inspiration as I will be using two models also.
I've also been looking at this website:
www.jedroot.com
It shows a number of different fashion photographers and stylists, some of which have given me ideas toward how I will style the models aswell as inspiring me to use colour instead of black and white.The stylist Jessica Diehl uses clothes similar to the ones I have used for fashion shoots.
Eugenio Recuenco


Earlier on in the project I looked at some fashion photographers for inspiration on initial ideas. Recuenco has really stood out to me. His images reflect the techniques used in classical paintings, which is the type of look I am going for and trying to re-create with lighting.

 
I think these two photos in particular share some similarities, one is similar to how I want to show the idea of lust and the image of the subject in a boxing ring has given me ideas toward how I will show wrath. I've decided to use boxing gloves with the model in a very vibrant red velvet dress.
These are some examples of more of his work that I have taken relevant inspiration from.


This image was photographed by the fashion photographer Marcin Tyszka for Vogue Latin Americas October 2010 issue.
This is a good example of the type of editorial fashion look I am trying to re-create. I want to have the text, sayings and lyrics, typed up on photoshop in the corner of the image next to the subjects.
I want it to look as though it's an interview and the writing is quotes from the models. The model Anja Rubik's composition in this photograph reflects the type of composition I am looking to have for my shoot. Tyszka has used high key lighting here to create dramatic shadows and the lighting on the subject is similar to what I am aiming for. He has also used a black back drop, this has given me some really good ideas for how I will set up the studio focusing on lighting to re create this look. I need to focus on the composition of my subjects so the lighting creates dramatic shadows on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment