Monday 15 November 2010

Evaluation

I have learnt a lot from the project, image and text, I have learnt about experimenting in a studio with different lighting techniques, which has taught me a diverse way of achieving certain looks. For example, with the idea that I have used, using high key lighting and an all black back drop created a mysterious and dark images.
Initially it took me a while to execute my final idea as I had to consider a number of things to achieve meaningful and well shot images without being unoriginal, which was challenging at times.
Involving text with an image is not something I usually approach in photography so it was different, but I have looked at a number of ways you can approach it. It has given me the chance to experiment a lot more with digital and photoshop, which will help for future projects.
I think that having to use text was the biggest challenge simply because I was focusing a lot on producing meaningful images and at times forgetting that the text had to have a strong impact on how the images are perceived. I don't feel that my text is completely relevant to what I am trying to show over all, I think the text has relevancy to the sins but not to modern day issues, which was my original idea. 

Overall, I have learnt a lot for future projects, working in the studio on a time limit is quite pressurising and for my next studio based projects I will know how to be a bit more prepared before hand. I have enjoyed this project, as it has given me opportunities to work with new equiptment and work around fashion photography which I havn't tried before in a studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment