Tuesday 9 November 2010

Examples of using photoshop


With the use of photoshop I have put my chosen text into the images as well as lightening them, as they were a little under exposed before hand.
For this image (Greed and Envy) I have used lyrics from the song 'All I want' by Joni Mitchell. The text talks about greed and jelously so it fitted in well with what the over all image.
''Oh the jealousy, the greed is the unraveling
                                                                It's the unraveling
                                                  And it undoes all the joy that could be.''

For the image with wrath and pride, the text that I used was a quote from C.S Lewis, 'A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and of course, as long as you're looking down you can't see
something thats above you.'

'The flesh endures the storms of the present alone; the mind, those of the past and future as well as the present. Gluttony is a lust of the mind.' This quote comes from a political philospher, Thomas Hobbes. I wanted to use this quote because it has a lot of emotion behind it. I particularly like the ending 'gluttony is a lust of the mind' It ties into both sins, and I think it worked quite well with the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment