Tuesday 17 May 2011

New Idea


After doing my first test shoot, I decided that it wasn't working the way I had hoped it would, so I have taken aspects of my concept to produce a new idea. I want to focus on the idea of the fallen woman, in particular women through history. I will be looking at the character Miss Havisham, in particular focusing on representing her story and character through images. I aim to look at how a woman today might reflect key aspects of her character but how modern society can alter and tweak the modern woman with the same emotions that Miss Havisham might have had.

Vasilisa Forbes 

I have been looking at photographer Vasilisa Forbes, and have found some inspiration from her style and concepts. The above photograph is by Vasilisa Forbes, she has used Chromogenic film, which has given the image a grainy effect, almost as thought it's a painting. I would like to focus on the theme of isolation and the modern woman that feels this emotion every day but can't face it in a mission to fit the expectations of an independant woman.
My aim is to have a profile shot in a studio of a younger woman, with certain fashion traits of Miss Havisham. Much like Forbes photograph above, I will have a photograph of either a landscape or the beach. The other photograph will represent isolation and the woman looking into it as though she is facing her fears. The above photograph is very similar to how I imagine mine to look, but with a slightly different concept and atmosphere.
I aim to use chromogenic film as I feel I work best with using 35 mm and I feel it will go well with my general concept. The subject is desperatley seeking companionship and is hiding under a false persona that the modern world has moulded her into, but inside she still has the same vulnerability and lonliness of Miss Havisham. The two shots are meant to represent a damaged woman looking head on at nature, and the realities of it all, the subject will represent nature and the landscape will represent her emotions and the feeling of isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment